There is no prevention for cerebral palsy but the condition can be lowered by;
· Women should avoid under age pregnancy and stressful conditions during pregnancy
· Expectant mothers should attend pre-natal clinics
· Expectant mothers should ensure that they give birth in a certified hospital or that they are attended to by a qualified doctor or midwife
· The condition can be managed and improved on through occupational therapy through occupational therapy
The benefits of Occupational Therapy
|CPSK therapists at the clinic|
- It offers help to people with mental health disorders and plays a key role in treating them to regain their mental abilities
- It helps people with physical disabilities in pediatric and physical dysfunction return to ordinary tasks around home and at work by maximizing physical potential through lifestyle adaptations and possible use of assistive devices.
- It offers training to maximize independence in activities of daily living (such as grooming, bathing, toileting, feeding and dressing).
- The use of adaptive work and play activities increase independent function, enhance development, and prevents disability
- Occupational therapy offers services in designing and fabrication of static and dynamic splints to prevent and correct deformities